The Housing and Homelessness Resources Division is looking individuals with an interest in social work and human services to provide direct-client and administrative assistance.
- Conduct phone and in-person intake
- Make follow-up calls to clients who fail to show up for appointments
- Assist Workshop Leaders by registering participants up for the workshops, distributing necessary documents and materials, and setting up for workshops
- Assist clients in their housing search using newspapers and the internet to look for apartments
- Help clients fill out housing applications
- Perform data entry and maintain data tracking systems up to date
- File paperwork
- Perform other related duties
Skills & Qualifications:
Human Services, Social Work, or similar background highly desired. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional organizational skills required. Must be able to work sensitively with individuals of diverse socio-economic backgrounds. Demonstrated experience working in fast paced environment preferred.
Length of Commitment:
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
10 to 15 hours a week, between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday with a flexible schedule.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.