The Housing and Homelessness Department is looking for interns interested in developing their research and direct-care skills by providing assistance to our clients.
- Conduct in-person and/or phone screenings of clients seeking housing and homelessness prevention services
- Assist clients with the intake process by helping them fill out the necessary application, making copies of their paperwork, and setting up appointments for them with the Housing Resource Specialist
- Obtain access to listings of private-owner properties leasing units or apartments, as well as public housing authorities and their waiting lists
- Perform data entry and maintain data tracking systems (ETO, Client Track, etc.) up to date
- Perform other related duties
Skills & Qualifications:
Human Services, Social Work, Sociology, Public Policy, or similar background highly desired. Demonstrated commitment to equitable access to housing required. Must have effective written and verbal communication skills. Must be organized and able to handle several tasks at once while meeting deadlines. Experience working in a fast-paced nonprofit office setting preferred. Must be able to work well both individually and with a team.